Saturday, May 19, 2007

Battle lost or won?

This being my first attempt to write a blog made me apprehensive..nervous..No sooner had i finished writing a few lines...i erased them and fratically started reading my friends blogs searching on tips on how to go about penning my expeirence...But this was my interview...my answers.... and it had to be truly "me".So here it goes....

It started a few months back...when i had given up all my hopes on CAT,SNAP,NMAT,XAT and thousand other exams..CET was the saviour for me...But much to my dismay..my percentile could not keep in pace with the ever increasing race to MBA admissions...one gud thing about this percentile is that even though ur score isnt gud enough u still end up getting 93 "percentile" sounding very good to people unknown to this cut throat competition...

Ok .so coming back to this MBA struggle..i had lost the battle on the results day and lost all the motivation to mug answers to questions like "Why do want to do MBA".."Why do you want to chose this institute"....and other answers which are so meticulously crafted that once me and my freind joked about it saying that the candidate could actually vomit out the answer on just hearing a "Why".

But all my friends urged to me attend the interview process though i was more than just confident that even my best performance would not help me get a seat. But i decided to try it as an experience..a try where i would go to the interview...completely fearless..with a attitude where i had nothing to loose...and this was the golden opputunity.....

Me and my friend Deepali made up big plans on how to "improve" our Gk by reading up few magazines..Few days after this decision...we had started reading newspapers in and out...surfing through sites IBN Live...Collecting small articles to read through the bus journey which otherwise used to be utilised to complete our sleep...And we actually used to meet on Yahoo chats and discuss India Globalisation...

Phew...this was a drastic change in me...There was me who used to be addicted to MTV and Channel V..who only knew which singer was performing in which part of India...
and here was I...hooked on to CNN-IBN....And gradually i developed interest in all that was happening..from UP Polls to Gujrat Encounters... I investigated the 2007 Budget and India's agriculture sector...From India's commercial sattelite launcher to mergers ad acquisitions.

I cannot say how much it helped me in my interiew or how much more marks it added in my GD score..but it has definitely helped me in developing a keen interest in the world that surrounds me...
My world has expanded from four corners of my home to this cornerless universe!!
 

HeartFelt Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang